Some of you are probably saying “don’t we all”. So for those who love their jobs/careers this one is not for you but do read anyway.
Six reasons why I want to quit are as follows:
- This job doesn’t make me happy. I am grateful to have a job. I just want to wake up everyday and do something that brings me joy instead.
- Working full-time takes me away from my kiddos. My youngest 3 are 8, 4, & 5 months. So though I’m here at home with them, I might as well be away in a office.
- I was not working for 10 months prior to this job. I was enjoying the stay at home mom lifestyle. Last year when I find out I was pregnant my hubby and I agreed I would stay home during and after the pregnancy for a while. So I feel spoiled now.
- I ended up getting a work from home position as a Customer Service Rep. Retail is not my thing. The last time I was in retail I worked for Family Dollar for over a year 7 years ago. Hated it.
- My background has to be quite. Trying to keep my kids quite (especially the baby) in their own home is not the easiest. My kids come up to my room all day asking for things or needing my help.
- Customer Service is frustrating. Dealing with upset people all day really rubs off on you. Every other customer has a nasty, and I mean nasty attitude. I get screamed at and cursed out more times then I can handle. I work for a large company and the customers make the job Super Stressful. I need a bottle of wine after every shift.
Again, I am happy to have a job. If it wasn’t for this job then I would not have or be able to do the things in my next list. It’s just, while trying to find myself and what would make me happy this job is the first on my list to go. I use to be a Medical Assistant and I’ve been asked “would you go back” and the answer is no! Here’s the thing, I don’t know what I want to do, I just know I don’t want to do this until I retire. My only desire, I’m sure of, is to travel the world. I just can’t do that with no money.
Here’s my list of 5 good reason why I keep my job:
- To provide for my family of course.
- To save us some money for buying a home, vacations, or rainy days. My husband pays most bills, so I’m able to put my check in the savings account.
- I wanted to be able to help my hubby with bills. I wanted to take the load off of him so much.
- So I can have money of my own. I love online shopping, and being able to afford my up keep. With that being said, I didn’t want to keep having to ask my husband for the money to do so.
- I do enjoy work most days, I’m not the kind of person that can just keep still. I just wish I could have full-time money with part-time hours.
Overall, I’m not really going to quit my job. At least not right now. I just really want to at times. Especially when calls have been back to back with nothing but angry customers who won’t let you get not a word in. I just wish there was something else for me. I’d go into business for myself but I don’t know what that would be or where I would start.